CARTER INSURANCE AGENCY
Serving Utah Since 1978
MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT PLANS
Medicare Supplements, commonly referred to as Medigap Plans, are offered by Private Insurance Carriers and are meant to "fill in the gaps" after Original Medicare pays their portion of medical expenses. Examples of these gaps would be coinsurance, deductibles, and copayments.
For example, Medicare pays 80% after a calendar year deductible for certain covered medical expenses. Many Medicare Supplement Plans will cover the deductible as well as the other 20%.
You must have Parts A and B of Medicare in order to purchase a Medicare Supplement.
Medicare Supplements are available in most states and each insurance carrier can offer up to 10 "standardized" plans denoted by the letters A through N. Carriers do not have to offer all 10 plans, but they must at least offer Plan A and either Plan C or Plan F, if they choose to offer Medicare Supplement Coverage.
All Medicare Supplement Plans must include the same standardized benefits in each lettered plan. For example, the benefits included in Plan F with one carrier are identical to the Plan F offered by another carrier. The only difference is the cost that each carrier charges for the plan.
Medicare Supplement Coverage is an excellent way to help pay costs not paid by Medicare, such as deductibles and coinsurance. Understanding the plans and all options available doesn't have to be difficult and overwhelming. At Carter Insurance Agency, we will explain them to you simply and clearly so you can understand all the Medicare options!